# Introduction to WINkLink
# What is WINkLink
WINkLink is a decentralized oracle project running on the TRON network. Please visit TRON Developer Hub (opens new window) for more information about the TRON Network and its development basics.
# What is Oracle
For quite a long time, blockchain-powered smart contracts are unable to directly communicate with the external system, which limits the diversity of smart contract-based applications.
The introduction of oracle provides a solution to connect smart contracts with the outer world. However, most oracles on the market now are centralized, which exposes corresponding smart contracts to the risk of single point of failure, compromising the benefits promised by their decentralized nature.
Because of this, WINkLink gave birth to a decentralized oracle project to provide external data for smart contracts.It connects smart contracts with various real-life events while guaranteeing a high level of security and reliability.
With a sharp rise of various DeFi applications, a stable and reliable decentralized oracle service is key to premium DeFi projects. Hence the arrival of WINkLink, which addresses the needs of TRON-based smart contracts to access external data.
# How to Participate in WINkLink
You can choose to do the following depending on the role you want to assume in the WINkLink ecosystem:
- For WINkLink contract deployment: Deployment
- For using WINkLink price service in DApps: Price Service
- For details on WINkLink implementation: Introduction of the Architecture
Welcome to the WINkLink ecosystem.
- Telegram: Join Channel (opens new window)
- Github Project: https://github.com/wink-link/winklink (opens new window)
- Team E-mail: email@example.com
- Support E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org